How to use Pharo Sugaring Products
Minimising the potential for Ingrown Hair
Pulling out the hair cleanly without breaking it off is half the battle won in preventing the formation of ingrown hair. The other half is keeping the pores open and not allowing skin to form over an close these off. Exfoliation is an important component in assisting with keeping pores open.
To remove hair cleanly during sugaring hair removal follow these recommendations:
- Apply a thin layer of sugaring gel in the direction of the hair growth, preferably holding the spatula at a 45 degree angle as you spread the gel.
- When applying the Hydro entangled strip over the sugaring gel, rub it down in the same direction as the hair growth leaving about 1/4 of the strip free to allow for a firm grip for a fast back pulling action.
- Hold the skin taut before pulling the strip away against the direction of hair growth.
- Pull back with a rapid movement close to the skin. Do not pull up or out, rather pull back.
- One fast, smooth, pull back is much more effective than a series of light pulls which only increase the pain and leave patchy areas.
- After 24 – 48 hours exfoliate the skin (with a Loofa sponge for example) to prevent the dead skin from accumulating in areas that can become ingrown such as the bikini line, upper thighs, underarms and calves.